Welcome to the Conejo Valley Neighborhood for Learning
Early Childhood Program
Our Mission Statement
To build a strong foundation for families with children from infancy to five years in the Conejo Valley by providing parenting classes; early care and education; and connections to wellness services for healthy families and a stronger community.
Neighborhood for Learning (NfL) is a play-based program with an emphasis on the child's social and emotional development.
Funded by FIRST 5 Ventura County and the California Department of Education/Child Development Division, Conejo Valley Neighborhood for Learning (CV NfL) is a joint project of the Conejo Valley Unified School District, Conejo Recreation and Park District and the City of Thousand Oaks.
Our Programs & Our Locations
Our services include half-day preschool, full-day preschool, full day infant care and full day/half-day toddler care at 4 locations throughout Thousand Oaks. NfL also provides parent education, community events, and parent child interaction groups.
CV NfL's goal is to partner with families to provide a safe and loving quality educational environment for their children which provides a variety of experiences that will allow each child to:
- Build strong relationship skills,
- Develop and practice problem solving and conflict resolution,
- Develop an interest and joy in learning,
- Develop security and good self-image,
- Develop self-control and responsibility,
- Enhance physical development,
- Enjoy strong parent involvement in education,
- Transition successfully to the school environment.